Monday, December 08, 2008

Christmas Movies Number 5: Gremlins


There is actually a debate on whether or not this is a Christmas movie, but it pretty much takes place on Christmas Eve. Lets see, there are Christmas decorations, Christmas music, movies, snowmen, cookies, and Santas... so why wouldn't this be a Christmas movie? Well... it is a Christmas movie and it's number 5 on my list.

Why: Well because it's just a funny movie and it brings something a little different to the genre. I mean who doesn't want to see cute little fury things multiply and then turn into little monsters that terrorize a town on Christmas Eve.?

When I was younger, I always wanted Gizmo as my pet. I'm pretty sure I would remember the following rules.

1. Never bring him into bright light, especially sunlight because that would kill him.
2. Never have have him come in contact with water(unless I wanted more)
3. Never, ever feed him after midnight(because that makes him turn bad)
hmm... I think I have a new one...
4. Never get him to say the phrase, "Deal... or no deal"

One of my favorite scenes is when all of the gremlins are in a movie theatre watching Snow White.

No comments: