Sunday, May 25, 2008

A place I haven't seen in two months...

Yeah, so with the schedule that I've had, I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but it's been about two months since I've been to a Sunday morning service, Easter Sunday to be exact. Yeah, back when I was working night shifts, I had to work every Saturday night. So the hours are 10PM on Sat night to 6AM Sunday morning. When I first started working like that, I would just stay up and go to early service. Well after a month of that, I wanted to go to at least one Connection Service a month, so I decided I would just stay up and go to the Connection service and have all afternoon to sleep. I'll admit, some Sundays in both the 1st and 3rd service I would find myself falling asleep. It was very tiring. The weird thing is, every other day, I would have trouble falling asleep and then end up with about 4 or 5 hours each day. I couldn't adjust to sleeping during the day. I think that Sunday being at the end of a long week with not that much sleep, my body just wanted to shut down and I think that sitting in a service in a gym with dim lights and not seeing that it is day or night, made my body more tired. So I tried sleeping from like 6:30 to 10, hoping that a little bit of sleep before church would help. That worked for a few weeks and eventually just turned into me not wanting to wake up and just hitting my alarm clock and sleep until like 3 in the afternoon.

There were a lot of reasons why I wanted to quit and this was one big reason. Yes, it's been more than a few weeks since I've quit the night shift, but vacations, being scheduled to work early on a Sunday, and a broke vehicle all stood in the way. So things just need to get back to normal...and they will.

So tomorrow, or today, or like later this morning, I'm gonna make it to one of the services. So yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. So maybe I should go to bed...yeah...I should! So...
Nighty Night!

No comments: