Monday, March 03, 2008

A few minutes ago, In a Poll, not so far away...


So I've doing some blog surfing and I've noticed that a lot of people do these polls, so I decided that it would be great for me to have one as well.

So what better way for a first poll to be, then to have it be about one of the greatest debates in history. I'm talking about, Star Wars. I mean, which of the "original" Star Wars is the greatest?

So let me give you my opinion. The Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars ever. I'm not saying that I don't like the other two, I do. The "original" Star Wars Trilogy are probably some of my favorite movies, ever, but The Empire Strikes Back is the best of the three. Lets just get to the reasons why...


  • The Battle of Hoth - Probably one of the greastest on screen battles. I mean, you've got the big walkers and lasers and blasting and Darth Vader arrives. Luke Skywalker takes down one of the AT-AT walkers with his light saber and a blaster, while the others use tow-cables. What makes it better is, it all takes place on ice and snow. YES!!! Pretty sweet stuff!

  • The First of Appearance of Yoda - Yoda is so awesome and when you first watch this movie and you first see him, you are probably like "what? he's the greatest Jedi Master? He's just a little guy." Luke crashes ship into swamp and just can't seem to get it out with the force. Little Yoda, closes his eyes and lifts it up and sets it out of the swamp. AWESOME!!!

    "A Jedi's strength flows through the force, but beware of the Dark Side."

  • Han Solo and Princess Leia or should I say "Hleia" - It is in this episode where their love for each other begins to blossom. Arguements, kissing, yelling, and blasting, the perfect couple. lets not forget these lines...

    Princess Leia: Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking nerf-herder!
    Han Solo: Who's scruffy looking?

    Leia: I love you.
    Han: I know.

  • Boba Fett and Carbonite - Boba Fett is another one of those awesome charactors. He is so determined to get what he wants and what he wants is Han Solo. So he works with the Empire and they plan this trap at Cloud City. Fett wants Solo alive. Vader says they should test him in the frozen carbonite(which is originally planned for Skywalker). Han and Leia exchange words, like the lines from above. Han is then frozen in carbonite. It is AWESOME!!! Plus Boba's ship is probably the best of all the enemies.

  • Like Father, Like Son - Most importantly, we learn that Darth Vader is Luke's father. I don't care what anybody says, but to me, that is the biggest surprise ending in a movie, ever! Nobody saw it coming.

    Darth Vader: Obi Wan never told you about your father.
    Luke Skywalker: He told me enough. He told me you killed
    Vader: No, I am your father.

    It's just so awesome to me! Vader cuts off Luke's arm. He wants Luke to join the DarkSide and rule the galaxy together as father and son. Hmm...sounds like a good business to me. AWESOME!!!
    AWESOME!!!
    AWESOME!!!

So yeah, there you have it, reasons why The Empire Strikes Back is the best movie in the trilogy and one of the greatest movies ever. So yeah, there is so much more I could say about this movie, such as the introduction of Lando, the asteroid field, "I thought they smelled bad on the outside.", the giant worm, can't believe that I forgot this, but the Emperor, and so much more.
The Empire Strikes Back = Star Wars Gold! Enough Said.

Now go vote, you must!

Bye Bye Beautiful

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.