Friday, July 03, 2009

God Is Up to Something...

I guess He's always up to something, but the point I am trying to make is, "Something BIG is gonna happen"... with the Effect... Student Ministries... and all of NMC. I am excited to see and be apart of something BIG!

Monday through Thursday I will be apart of the leadership of Jr. High Camp. I am very excited about everything and I can't wait to see God move in the lives of students as we are hours away from our daily lives(pretty much any kind of distraction and whatnot) and out in a beautiful camp in the middle of Ohio. I guess my whole thing going into this is... "What does God want from me as a leader?" I've done Summer Camps before, I've lead small groups and helped out here and there, but there was a time when my frustration got the best of me. I ended up taking a break from being a leader, to focus on where God wants me and how He can use me. I prayed for Him to reveal my spiritual gifts and any other type of gift that I could use to serve Him. Back in February, God said he was ready for me to serve again as a leader... but there is still more to learn. I really look forward to Summer Camp and getting to know students and other leaders. There is still some stuff that I am unsure about when it comes to "What God wants from me as a leader", but I am ready to surrender all... to learn... to serve... and to love. I can't wait!

Be in prayer.

I'll be sure to post on what all God is doing in my life, sometime after camp.

bye bye beautiful

No comments: