Sunday, January 18, 2009

Frozen Pipes and Winter Tilt-a-Whirl

So, I woke up on Friday morning to no water. Turns out that with all the negative below temps, I had frozen pipes. I called maintenance and they came out with a plumber to check it out. He said he couldn't do anything until Monday due to the fact that he didn't have a machine to thaw the pipes. So I was left with a few options to either just hangout and use other people's water or I could turn my heat all the way up(its free for me) and hope that the heat will warm up the walls and eventually all the plumbing and whatnot. After a few hours, that ended up working. So it was nice to not go a whole weekend without running water.

Also on Friday, I was drove to Milford to drop my friend off and I started driving home down this country road. I wasn't going too fast, but I hit the brakes to slow down and all of the sudden I just start spinning off the road. I was kind of worried about hitting this tree, but I was far enough away that nothing happened. A truck that I was following stopped and backed up to see if I was okay. I was ok, I just drove right on out and continued to drive home. The situation was really not that serious. It was probably about as serious as falling off the couch. I was driving about 25 - 30 MPH and actually slowing down during right before it happened. So that my friend, was like a winter tilt-a-whirl. Fun and scary at the same time... less vomit.

1 comment:

Carter Bob said...

i see how it is chunk... you dont link me in your blog links... hmmm ic where im at... apparently not on the right side...

-Carter Bob