Friday, June 29, 2007

Dull Summer

This might just be one of the dullest summers I have hand in over10 years. Not much going on. Here, let me review the past 10 years and why those summers have been very exciting

1997

  • One week of Prairie Camp
  • Jr. High day trip to Cedar Point(hated roller coasters)
  • Jr. High Summer Get-a-way -
    -One day at a water park
    -One day at Kings Island
    -a day at the mall(weird for a youth trip)
  • Family vacation to Northern Michigan.
    Activities included:
    -visiting family, family reunion or something
    -Mackinac
    - shopping
    -beaches
    - campfires

1998

  • Jr. High Cedar Point day trip
    -started riding roller coasters
  • Family vacation to Florida
    -Basic Sarasota stuff
    -Busch Gardens
  • Went with a family to Oklahoma to babysit their kids
    -Wasn't best trip I went on
    -Highlight was watching a live musical of Oklahoma outdoors at some place that I don't remember, but it was pretty cool
  • Jr. High Summer Get-A-Way
    -day at the Beach water park
    -day at Kings Island(with sounds of the Supertones in the background...weird)
    -day at Cincinnati Zoo

1999

  • Jr. High day Cedar Point
  • Family vacation to Gatlinburg, Tennessee
    -Dixie Stampede
    -Hike up the mountain trails
  • Cornerstone
    -First year at C-Stone
    -Awesome music
    -Stryper or Five Iron Frenzy? Live CD?
    -I even saw Derry Prenkert
  • SEMP Chicago '99
    -probably the second best trip I've been on with youth group
    -awesome God changing trip, learned some much
    -Shawn LaRue set off fire alarms(not really)
    -Truffle Shuffle in "negative"???
  • Get-A-Way
    -Day at Cinergy Field for one of the worst baseball games I've ever been to, Reds vs. Cards
    -Day at Kings Island
    -Day at the Beach

2000

  • SEMP Toronto
    -wasn't as good as Chicago(for me, I didn't get much out of it)
    -still an amazing trip and in the top 5 or 6 from church trips
    -Canada Eh?
  • Cornerstone 2000
    -Jeff Simpson? something paper plate?
    -Cowboys or Five Iron Frenzy? Bake beans and cream corn?
  • Summer Camp
    -Day at Camp
    -Day at Cedar Point(Millennium Force opens and I'm not so scared of coasters)
    -Day at some Sports City, Go-cart place or something. Unlimited go-carts and mini golf

2001

  • IMPACT Peru
    -number one trip I've ever been on!
    -great mission team
    -awesome miracles
    -God changed my life and how I looked at missions and other countries
    -FAITH
    -I love these people
    -dancing for Jesus
    -Healings, including me being healed and then dancing and praising God
  • Cornerstone
  • Summer Camp
    -Day at Camp
    -Day at Cedar Point
    -Day at Soak City
    -something with a video camera in the middle of the night? I don't know
    -when I got to really get to know Justin Blackwood(big highlight)

2002

  • Cornerstone
    -I guess Martin Ufkin was with us
    -final Ghoti Hook show = sad
  • Summer Camp
    -Cedar Point
    -Soak City
    -something involving water balloons in middle of the night or something

2003

  • Senior Trip Retreat to Cedar Point
  • IMPACT Peru
    -probably tied for second greatest trip(with SEMP 99)
    -awesome spiritual changes
    -overcoming a lot of tough challenges
    -Cameron Bradley
    -Justin Blackwood and oreos or something?
  • July - Oct. working at Cedar Point
    -hanging out with youth when the came to park
    -making some new friends
    -riding the Magnum XL-200 whenever I wanted(if I wasn't working)

2004

  • May - Oct. working again at Cedar Point
    -Fun, new friends
    -one bad thing, Relation with God was at a very low

2005

  • Cedar Point/Camping over Memorial Day weekend
    -With Nate & Jolyn and my sister
    -MaxAir at Cedar Point
  • Help out with summer small group(Freshman guys)
  • Summer Camp
    -this time around a leader
    -awesome trip
    -very fun
    -Zombie?
    -Connected to God
    -Disconnected from rubbish
    -awesome small group time

2006

  • Cedar Point/Camping with Kevin
    -Locked in T.G.I. Fridays
    -Truckers welcome?
    -SkyHawk
  • Cincinnati Trip
    -another trip with Nate, Jolyn, and Kayla
    -Kings Island
    -Cubs vs. Reds
    -camped in small cabin
    -CUBS WIN!!!
  • Summer Camp as leader, Round 2
    -Best Summer Camp EVER!!!
    -Millennium Force line in the rain
    -JUMP!!!
  • Six Flags Great America
    -guy loses cell phone and it was pretty funny
    -Viper
    -Raging Bull
  • Cedar Point again?
    -Meeting up with Pawel, a friend from Poland who worked in 2004
    -Sleeping in a Meijer Parking lot
    -Hanging out with some old friends
    -Something about me and I died on Millennium Force or something

Yeah, there are some fun things this summer such as

  • Cedar Point
  • Cubs game

But no big trips to look forward to. I was really disappointed about not going to Summer Camp and I guess that's the big difference for this summer. I was really looking forward to it! I just noticed that this will be my first year that I won't be involved somehow with summer camp. When I worked at Cedar Point, I would hang out with the group when the came. It was fun!

So I guess I should just plan trip or something to make this summer more interesting! I need to get out of here for longer than 24 hours. I need a vacation away. Maybe upper Michigan or something. I'll see what I can do!

Yeah...the Cubs are doing AWESOME!!! Man, I should have put some pictures up and made some links or something in this post...but no... I'm just too lazy! Sorry!

bye bye beautiful



No comments: