Monday, September 29, 2008

It's What Starts(or ends) on Oct. 1


Ok, So I've put a lot of thought into this and I have decided that it is the end of soda pop for me... well, maybe not the end, but more of a break from drinking pop. This will begin on Oct. 1 and I guess my goal will be one month and then so on and so on. The big goal would be for me to go until the start of 2009... the bigger goal would be a year... we'll see how this goes.

Why?
Well, I've noticed others giving up pop or fasting from it or something and I've decided that it is my turn to try something different.

Some Reasons for "no pop":
  • need to enjoy this tasty liquid called, "water"

  • Healthier/Lose some weight - I've seen people give up pop for awhile and end up losing some weight. I think that would be great. I'm not saying that it's a big weight loss, but I do drink a lot of pop. Anyone who goes out to eat with me will say that I always ask for several refills... That's a lot of calories and such. I know drinking other stuff can be just the same, but I think water is gonna be my main choice.

  • Saving some $$$ - since I drink a lot of pop, I do spend a lot buying pop. Water and other beverages can be cheaper.

So the next few days I'm enjoying some sweet, sweet, nectar before it is bye-bye. When I'm done with this pop break, and I'm back to drinking Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, etc., I'm gonna start drinking Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Mountain Dew, Diet Pepsi, Diet etc.

So to you I say... "Cheers".


No comments: