Thursday, May 10, 2007

My evening in a "Turtle" Shell

After returning from the store, I drove in to the parking lot of my apartment complex and as I was driving the 5 mph speed limit, I noticed something in the middle of the drive and it wasn't a rock...
It was this little guy. A turtle.

I drove slowly around him, stopped the car, looked down and I could tell he just wanted to be somewhere safe. I felt sorry for him. His little turtle head sticking out(hehe). His little eyes. I was just like, "oh heck no!" So I parked the car, picked him up and put him in a bucket and set out on an adventure to free Willy(if that was the name I gave him). I remember when I was younger, I would used to catch these things and show them off. So I decided to stop by my parents house show my sister my new little friend.

So we both set off to release our buddy to safey and freedom. We drove out that one place near the golf course off of CR 7. I put the little guy down in the water and just watched him. He stuck his head up a few times, looking back at me. Maybe it was taking a breath, but the way it came out and looked at me, I could tell there was a little "thank you" like stare. He was happy! Happy to swim around! Happy not to worry about being ran over! Happy to maybe find other turtle friends. It was sad to see him go, but hey, thats how it goes.

So I am 2 for 2 on leading animals to safety this year. Lets not forget the dog incident. But yeah, I guess in a way it feels good to help nature out, I don't know. Man, The Office was pretty good tonight. I love that show!

bye bye beautiful

No comments: